Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Kids

Kids, inconvenient as they are, are a blessing.  They teach us to love in ways we never knew we could.  I am beginning to understand why our "annoying" parents treat us like little kids, even after we've grown up.  Because our kids will always be our kids, and we want so much to help them and do things for them so that they will never get hurt.  As parents, we desire most to protect our children, and it is so hard when the best thing for them is for us to step back and let them grow up, let them face their problems with the tools they were given, and allow them the chance to achieve their potential.

I suppose with the new baby and all I'm extra emotional, but I need to write these feelings down so I can remember why we brought them into the world when I'm tempted to take them out of it ;-)

7 comments:

Stephie Lynne Purcell said...

Haha, oh wow I needed this today after I've put my darling little boy on timeout for the 18th time for hitting... and was a little worried about 2 more coming into my world.

Love you- I can't wait to meet Charlee and kiss her! Give Evie a hug for me and ask her, "Whatcha doin' ya P-Bell?!?"

Brandon and Brooke said...

We can't wait to see you guys again! And I hope that everything is going well with the girls;-)

Brandon and Brooke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eltamaz elmithaly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
eltamaz elmithaly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
eltamaz elmithaly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
eltamaz elmithaly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.