Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Happiness Today

I've decided since my blog has become some form of journal/record keeping, I should be recording the things that make me happy.  Makes sense, no?

Today, Evie made me happy.  Ok, she always makes me happy SOMEHOW everyday.  Today she made me happy because she was a bit more huggy/touchy/feely today than she usually is.

I think it has something to do with Toy Story 3. 

Now that she's on her ba-jillionth time viewing it (yes, I have faults) I think she's picking up on emotional nuances from the movie.  Like at the end, when Andy is getting ready to leave, and his mom is standing in his room, obviously reminiscing, Evie will come over and give me an endearing, heart-felt hug.

She wraps her little arms around my neck, and puts her face into my shoulder, and she just sits there...until I move.  Dang it, I ruined it.  It's ok, though.  There were plenty more hugs to come.  For my birthday, in seven months, I think I'll wish that Evie will always give me hugs like that.  Where she melts trustingly into my arms, and for that moment, there is only us.

I also enjoy hugs like that from Brandon....(memories)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. I am so thankful that my boys, for as old as they are, still start and end each day with a hug. I hope thay your birthday wish comes true.

Stephie Lynne Purcell said...

Lucky you! Chase watches Toy Story 3 all the time but has yet to notice any emtional nuances... hope that is coming because I miss snuggling! And I definitely miss you.